Quick Facts – Rancho La Habra
Here are the essential design features and public benefits of the proposed Lennar Homes new community of Rancho La Habra:
- Situated on the current 151-acre site of Westridge Golf Club in southern La Habra, between Harbor Boulevard and Idaho Street
- Would include 448 homes, in a mix of single-family homes and townhomes.
- 59% of the site (approximately 88.6 acres) proposed as parks, trails, habitat conservation or open space
- Existing golf clubhouse and its surroundings would be renovated to create a high-quality and highly amenitized new community center, which would be given to the City
- Approximately 42.8 acres of open space are proposed to be dedicated to the City, including:
o Public Community Center and Park – 8.1 acres
o Public park and picnic area – 9.0 acres
o Public linear park – 11.9 acres
o Upland wildlife viewing and education area – 11.1 acres
o Riparian wildlife viewing and education area – 2.7 acres
(All acreage figures approximate)
- The addition of new public parks would allow the City to achieve its General Plan goal of 2.5 acres of parks per 1,000 residents
- Proposed to provide approximately 2.6 miles of multi-use trails
- Would reduce City’s overall water use by approximately 33 million gallons a year by replacing high-use golf course with high-efficiency homes
- Would generate new ongoing annual City net revenues of more than $1 million a year.
For important legal disclosures, click here.